So why did I start working with CoffeeScript? A number of reasons.
EDIT: Jeremy Ashkenas has kindly clarified this point for me.
What’s in a name? That which we call a class by any other name would smell as sweet. Call it a prototype if you like — it’s the same thing in code.
Thanks Jeremy, apologies for misapprehending.
So why the bother?
Sure, I have Vim configured with the fantastic Synastic plugin and I get notified when I drop a semicolon or have an unmatched brace but what's the point? Basic sanity checking is all it can really do. Why even waste the time to go back and insert those in the first place?
My CoffeeScript Resources
- The CoffeeScript Website and Documentation
- Meet CoffeeScript
- The Annotated CoffeeScript Source
- The Little CoffeeScript Book
- Smooth CoffeeScript by autotelicum via @Raynos2
- Cilantro (or Coriander) is an herb which to some people tastes pleasantly citrus-like and to others is rank and revolting or soapy. As a result many people either love it or hate it. Few are ambivalent about Cilantro. The same is true of CoffeeScript in my observation.